Tray and Amy are back for another riveting conversation! In today’s episode of According to The Cassels, we are discussing all things ‘hope’. Firstly, Amy takes us through the 12 ‘primary foods for life’: spirituality, creativity, finances, career, education, health, physical activity, home-cooking, home environment, relationships, social life, and joy or happiness.
We then pay closer attention to spirituality, before Tray gives us a heartwarming account of his journey of faith and hope during difficult times at work. Amy closes the conversation off with a captivating testimony of how her faith and hope manifested in a vision that led her to mentor a distraught young woman, Kayleigh. We get to see how Amy and Tray, through their faith, inspired Kayleigh to once again believe, and hope. Join us for an emotional journey that teaches us the undeniable value of hope!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some thoughts on the safety of (Mexican) border towns and the Cassels’ day trip to Progresso, Mexico.
- Amy’s newfound passion for decorating their home according to her tastes.
- The 12 ‘primary foods for life’.
- How a home-cooked meal is good for the soul.
- The nutritional value of a home-cooked meal.
- How complete balance, across the board, is unattainable.
- Ways to differentiate which category you need to pay more attention to, and when.
- The fact that everyone handles their daily stresses differently.
- Honing in on spirituality and more specifically: hope.
- Finding hope to get healthy.
- Hear Tray’s spiritual testimony, and how hope can turn into a deeper faith.
- How breathing can help facilitate a deeper spiritual connection with God.
- Amy’s vision that led her to Amanda, who then led them to Kayleigh.
- How Amy and Tray brought Kayleigh closer to God, through hope.
- The importance of helping someone in need.
“There’s a whole other area that is much more important than just fitness and nutrition. If there are other things that are out of whack/out of balance, does it really matter how fit and healthy your body is?” — @amy_cassels [0:04:32]
“It’s a lie that we’re going to have balance across the board. It’s just not going to happen. We have different seasons of life.” — @amy_cassels [0:08:49]
“It’s uncanny what your brain can go to in dark places, unless you have some sort of stability of faith.” — Tray Cassels [0:14:37]
“Foundationally and fundamentally, without God and without our faith, hope doesn’t exist.” — Tray Cassels [0:17:07]
“You can’t be somebody else’s hope, but you can show them where to find hope.” — @amy_cassels [0:32:28]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
According to the Cassels
According to the Cassels is a podcast about marriage, family, faith, health, nutrition, fitness and so much more hosted by Amy and Tray Cassels.