Sales is a constantly evolving landscape, and your sales approach should be too! With the massive amounts of information available out there, we need to be particularly mindful of the fact that our customers are more knowledgeable and discerning than ever, which begs the question: what is the role of the salesperson in the modern age? Here to answer this question are your hosts, Andrew and John, honing in on a topic that we're passionate about here at Beefy: inbound methodology.
“One size fits all” does not apply to the modern consumer; listen in to learn why the goal of your job should now be to provide personalized recommendations based on someone's needs. You'll also hear why it's so important to make sure your website is informative and transparent, some top do’s and don'ts of speaking to customers, and some real-life experiences that show why it's crucial to really listen instead of pushing sales. Finally, you’ll get two valuable business hacks that provide you with the activity and data of your website visitors so that you create personalized recommendations based on their behavior! This conversation on relational sales is one you don't want to miss!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We catch our listeners up on the fantastic new studio space we're loving working in.
- Kicking off with an icebreaker: what one change would you make in your life?
- We get into our meaty topic that we're passionate about here at Beefy: inbound methodology.
- Hear some sales closing stats and reflections on the modern buyer's journey.
- Acknowledging the fundamentals and discussing how the closing process has changed.
- Examples of the ways that product information and the sales world function digitally now.
- Some do's and don'ts when talking to your customers!
- Ways you can personalize your approach to acknowledge that customers are more informed.
- The “person” in the word personalization: how to make marketing relevant.
- Diving into Facebook's data tracking processes.
- Talking about the effectiveness of sales team efforts such as cold calling and mass emails.
- Tacking the question: so what is a salesperson's job now?
- How to become the buyer's Yoda, and the importance of getting your website right!
- Digging into who the customer actually is and making personalized decisions from there.
- What we're doing really well in our Beefy community regarding supportive resources.
- Some real-life examples of companies pushing sales onto the customers instead of listening to their needs.
- About the importance of protecting your existing customers by building their trust.
- Discussing video content and how it helps you know your audience.
- Two business growth hacks that will elevate your business, if you're not already using them!
“The fundamentals, in any area, were laid there for a reason. We're not negating any of those old tactics or things that work. We're just saying that the way that it looks has changed.” — John Fritzsching [0:08:55]
“Technology has taken the place of people as far as completing tasks. But now people need to step back in to add the personalized touch so that people feel like people are talking to them again.” — John Fritzsching [0:16:07]
“The goal of the inbound sales methodology is for the salespeople to become the buyer's Yoda. The salesperson has to position themselves as a trusted advisor.” — @abrockenbush [0:24:27]
“If [the customer doesn't] feel like you're listening to them, they are going to feel like you're just trying to push sales on them.” — John Fritzsching [0:32:27]
“You have really got to leverage the methodology to listen, to diagnose, to prescribe the right solutions for this person's needs.” — @abrockenbush [0:32:15]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Business Growth Hacks
Is your business stuck? Tired of leaving money on the table? Are you ready to take it to the next level?
Join us as we deep dive into the small business secrets successful entrepreneurs are implementing to see massive results.
This is the Business Growth Hacks podcast, presented by Beefy Marketing and hosted by Marketing Executive Andrew Brockenbush.
Top Apple Podcast Host (Team Never Quit with Marcus Luttrell), Marketing Executive, President of Beefy Marketing
As a marketing executive specializing in sales enablement, I equip sales and marketing teams with the tools and ongoing support needed to generate more leads and close more deals.
My clients range from high-growth companies such as Harbor America and Serendipity Labs, and personality brands like Navy SEALs Marcus Luttrell and David Goggins to locally owned and operated businesses of every size.