Today on Business Growth Hacks we have a great guest! Drew Donaldson, an entrepreneur who has built several small companies, including GroHaus, which helps business owners market their companies in a digital world. Drew discusses the benefits of moving from a fast-paced urban environment like Manhattan to a slower pace of life in Pennsylvania. He highlights how the change in pace has positively impacted his business as an entrepreneur and marketing consultant. He also talks about his background in the media industry and how he transitioned from video production to consulting role. Also hear how he focuses on data and marketing strategy to help businesses improve their marketing strategies.
Key Points In This Episode:
- Getting into hustle mode and determined to accomplish their goals for the new year
- What store they would pick for a free shopping spree for the rest of their life
- Drew Donaldson, is an entrepreneur who has built several small companies, including GroHaus, which helps business owners market their companies in a digital world and provides guidance to help them grow their businesses
- Drew leads the strategy and client services team
- Drew mentions he lives in an old house in rural Pennsylvania, which he moved to accidentally while working as a corporate consultant in Manhattan and wanted to escape the high expenses of living in New York
- You must understand the potential consequences of not making a difference in your business or making a change in your business
- Find it exciting to share new creative ways that people can implement change in their businesses
- The growth hack is to share that they believe the top marketing plan for 2023 is using the platform High Level, which they find to be a fantastic tool and they provide it to all of their clients for free
- Use cold emails to reach new clients, and they recommend using hyper short emails that cut straight to the point, ask a specific industry insider question, and have gotten up to 40% response rates.
“And really we start with crafting this, this story, right? Because in order to sell anything, you have to have a good story about why you're in business in the first place. Otherwise you just look like an opportunist.” 17:56
“Hyper short emails that cut straight to the point, and don't talk anything about you, but ask a very specific industry insider question. I've done this with certain clients and they've gotten up to 40% response rates on, on, on this strategy.” 48:50
Business Growth Hacks
Is your business stuck? Tired of leaving money on the table? Are you ready to take it to the next level?
Join us as we deep dive into the small business secrets successful entrepreneurs are implementing to see massive results.
This is the Business Growth Hacks podcast, presented by Beefy Marketing and hosted by Marketing Executive Andrew Brockenbush.
Top Apple Podcast Host (Team Never Quit with Marcus Luttrell), Marketing Executive, President of Beefy Marketing
As a marketing executive specializing in sales enablement, I equip sales and marketing teams with the tools and ongoing support needed to generate more leads and close more deals.
My clients range from high-growth companies such as Harbor America and Serendipity Labs, and personality brands like Navy SEALs Marcus Luttrell and David Goggins to locally owned and operated businesses of every size.