Mike Exeter is a record producer and engineer best known for his work with artists such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Cradle of Filth, and so many others.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The importance of diversifying your audio skills
- Why your technical skills aren’t the thing that sets you apart
- The lessons Mike learned from working alongside Rick Rubin
- What it’s like to work with Black Sabbath
- Mike’s unusual technique for recording toms
- Tips for getting the perfect mic position when recording guitars
- How to get metal mixes to sound heavy but still balanced
- How to manage the low end when working with lots of double-kick drums hits
- The 5 dimensions of mixing and how to ensure you achieve them
To learn more about Mike Exeter, visit: https://www.mikeexeter.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://masteryourmix.com/blueprint/
Get your copy of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, The Mixing Mindset – The Step-By-Step Formula For Creating Professional Rock Mixes From Your Home Studio: https://masteryourmix.com/mixingmindsetbook/
Join the FREE MasterYourMix Facebook community: https://links.masteryourmix.com/community
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to [email protected]
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!
Master Your Mix Podcast
Helping musicians, engineers and producers create professional recordings and mixes from home.