It happens commonly in all organizations. You've been promoted. Congratulations! However, now you are no longer a peer with your subordinates, you are their supervisor. The relationship has changed, you are still the same person who you were earlier but they no longer see it that way. It's a tricky situation to navigate which if done wrong can result in a lack of respect and trust, and ultimately broken relationships.
However, it does not have to be that way. Former peers now subordinates and you can have a healthy relationship moving forward, it will just take a little bit of time and a whole lot of effort on your part.
During this episode I discuss the following topics:
- How to overcome impostor syndrome
- Setting expectations with friends who are now subordinates
- Dealing with former peers who wanted your position as well
- How to earn trust and respect of your team
For the complete show notes be sure to check out our website:
Moving Forward Leadership
Want to get promoted faster? Want to inspire your team daily? Need to increase your organization's bottom line? Then leadership skills is what you are looking for. The Moving Forward Leadership Podcast is here for one reason and one reason only: to make you a better leader. This weekly podcast will help you find new ways to become the best leader than you can be. I take the lessons learned from my 20+ years of leadership experience coupled with the world's best guests in all areas of leadership to give you a leading edge.
This show focuses on the three domains of leadership:
- Leading Yourself - learn how to perform at your peak, to ensure that you have the mindset of a leader, set and crush your goals.
- Leading Your Team - learn how to inspire and motivate your team. Build a cohesive team through trust and mutual goals.
- Leading Your organization - efficiency and effectiveness are what drives bottom line. You as the leader must harness these aspects along with culture and so much more!
In the end you'll become a LEADER and not "BOSS". Are you ready for it?