The world is constantly changing and it is becoming more and more difficult to keep up with "the Jones'" per say. Teams are no different in this case. Teams need to evolve and change over time to ensure that they stay relevant and meet your organization's needs. So it's imperative that you learn how to transform your team for the future. Not learning this could cause something that work okay to crash and burn.
In 2000, Jill Valdez joined a start up team for a non-profit organization and was thrust into creating all of the systems and processes necessary to grow the organization. Eight years later, they were operating on two sites with a 30% increase in clients and a simple operations plan that was successfully passed on to the next director. Her next position was for an established organization that had been doing things the same way for over 40 years. Her empathy, combined with her aptitude for assessing people and connecting their passion to a purpose, allowed her to introduce updated processes in order for the team to enjoy greater success at accomplishing
Transform Your Team Topics
During the interview, Jill and I discuss the following topics:
- Why would leaders need to transform teams in the first place
- How to deal with resistance to change and transformation
- Her 5 ways to transform teams
- How to deal with problems during a transformation
- What to do when a team is done transforming
- How to address “good idea fairies”
For the complete show notes, be sure to check out our website:
Peak Performance Leadership Leadership
As the world continues to accelerate in complexity and ambiguity, leaders cannot afford to settle for mediocrity. You need to be at your best, your team does, as well as your organization. Thus, you need to be peak performers. The Peak Performance Leadership Podcast is here for you to achieve just that.
This weekly podcast will help you find new ways to become the best leader than you can be. I take the lessons learned from my 20+ years of leadership experience coupled with the world's best guests in all areas of leadership to give you a leading edge.
This show focuses on the three domains of leadership:
- Leading Yourself - learn how to perform at your peak, to ensure that you have the mindset of a leader, set and crush your goals.
- Leading Your Team - learn how to inspire and motivate your team. Build a cohesive team through trust and mutual goals.
- Leading Your organization - efficiency and effectiveness are what drives bottom line. You as the leader must harness these aspects along with culture and so much more!
In the end you'll become a LEADER and not "BOSS". Are you ready for more? Access all of our resources at: https://leaddontboss.com