Your brand is your strength, says Sydney-based 'Human Brand Futurist’, Scarlett Vespa.
Scarlett, or 'Mrs V' as she's known, is a speaker and presenter who helps executives, leaders and entrepreneurs build the best version of themselves.
Scarlett believes our own humanity is the key to a successful tomorrow and sustainable future.
Finding your brand is finding the essence of who you are that gives you your strength and protection, she says.
In this wide-ranging chat with Trevor Young, Scarlett discusses:
- The importance of laying the foundations of your personal brand: you can't step forward until you have clarity around the essence of who you are and what you stand for.
- How the obstacles that hold us back can in fact be a "cherished gift, in fact it's something where our gold is most of the time laid".
- Trust and values is all the currency that there is in the future.
- How AI and automation will replace many jobs in the future.
- Future-proofing your career by unlocking the value you bring to the table: what is your unique skill-set?
- The importance of employees being able to showcase innovation, creativity, management - "anything on that side of the equation".
- For entrepreneurs building their personal brand, focus on showcasing how you're trustworthy, that you understand what's going on in this new world ... that you're adaptable.
"We're going to have to find security in a different way and I believe it is really again about trust, it's about trusting that you will be okay ... that you believe in yourself," says Scarlett.
CONNECT WITH SCARLETT: