Dan Balcauski is the founder and Principal Consultant at Product Tranquility, a consulting firm that helps SaaS business leaders accelerate their product growth and increase customer loyalty.
He’s an expert in digital marketing and e-commerce with a specialization in pricing and product strategy. Dan is also the Program Leader for Kellogg’s Executive Education Product Strategy course.
In addition to his role at Product Tranquility, Dan works as a freelance product manager and is a member of Veritux. Some of the companies he’s worked for include SolarWinds, LawnStarter, and NI (formerly National Instruments).
Dan’s good news on the podcast today is that there’s a golden opportunity that every SaaS company has right now to build a pricing model that their customers (and their investors) will love that won’t distract you with a mirage of “free growth.”
Tune in and get ready to take some notes.
- What does pricing entirely encapsulate and why do many businesses struggle with it?
- Finding out who in the company should initially deal with the pricing and packaging aspect of things
- Problems and pitfalls that Dan has encountered with all the companies he’s helped, and what indicators are there to guide companies in the right direction
- Metrics that companies can use to verify if they are meeting their goals and whether or not their pricing is playing a role in meeting those goals
- Pricing model variations between long-term businesses versus exit-driven businesses
- The pros and cons of the various discounting strategies in use by different companies i.e free trials, freemium, free tools, etc
- .The importance of free tools to act as a starting point for the user and fend off buyers remorse without added effort to convert the prospects to customers
- The dangers that businesses might run into with a low price; especially with new non-existing products in their category
Connect with Dan
Website - https://www.producttranquility.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/balcauski/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/dan_balcauski
Science of CX
CX Connoisseur, Steve Pappas, shares his insights on how to turn your customers into loyal brand ambassadors.
Known for his relentless pursuit of all things 'customer', Steve knows how to help your business and create experiences that customers respond to.
Listen to Steve's insights. Learn to grow and accelerate your business.
Learn more: www.scienceofcx.com