Soon Yu: Leveraging Friction as a Tool For Customer Retention
- February 1st 2023
Soon Yu is an international speaker, award-winning, and best-selling author on branding, innovation, and design. He is also a Forbes contributor who has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, and New York Times.
Soon Yu’s latest book, Friction, asks businesses to consider adding more friction for their customers and employees in order to create greater engagement, meaning, belonging, rapport, assurance, competence, and exclusivity.
He is a highly sought-after speaker on leadership, branding, innovation, design, & entrepreneurship, and has taught at the Parsons School of Design and often guest lectures at Stanford University (where he received his MBA and is active with the GSB Asian Alumni Association).
- Good friction versus bad friction and what's the difference?
- Why a business needs friction in order to illicit the happy chemicals in customers; namely dopamine oxytocin, serotonin, endorphins, and adrenaline
- Less friction doesn't necessarily translate to more business, because there are cases where great friction creates brand loyalty
- From a design perspective, we discuss how companies can construct a framework where they create the necessary friction needed for customer retention and brand establishment
- Examples of other ways to create good friction
- The Moroccan tea experience and the ritualistic aspect of food
Connect with Soon Yu
Website - http://www.soonyu.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/soonspeaks/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/SoonSpeaks
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa5EzORu3rSSdh6egGHRecg
Science of CX
CX Connoisseur, Steve Pappas, shares his insights on how to turn your customers into loyal brand ambassadors.
Known for his relentless pursuit of all things 'customer', Steve knows how to help your business and create experiences that customers respond to.
Listen to Steve's insights. Learn to grow and accelerate your business.
Learn more: www.scienceofcx.com