Curt Tueffert is an accomplished sales and marketing expert with a wealth of experience spanning over 30 years. With a deep understanding of the intricacies of the sales process, Curt has made a significant impact in the field by helping businesses and sales teams achieve remarkable success.
As a professional speaker, consultant, and coach, Curt has honed his skills in building and maintaining strong client relationships. He believes in the power of trust, value, and rapport in driving successful sales interactions.
Throughout his career, Curt has embraced a human-centric approach to sales, recognizing that even in a technology-driven world, the personal touch and genuine connections are paramount for success. His dedication to helping others thrive in their sales careers has earned him admiration and respect in the industry.
In this insightful and engaging interview, Curt shares his profound understanding of the sales process and emphasizes the significance of trust, value, and rapport in successful business development.
He discusses the evolution of sales techniques, highlighting how technology has changed the game, enabling personalized and niche-oriented marketing strategies, but also emphasizing the timeless importance of human-centric interactions.
1. Importance of Trust and Value: Curt emphasizes the critical role of trust and value in successful sales and business development.
2. The Evolution of Sales Techniques: How sales techniques have evolved over the years, with advancements in technology enabling efficient communication channels like email and direct mail.
3. The Five Stones for Slain Giants: Curt introduces his concept based on the David and Goliath story, comprising five essential elements for successful sales - passion, excellence, vision, value, and confidence.
4. Balancing Old and New Approaches: The interview explores the idea of reconciling old-world ways of doing business with the preferences of younger generations
5. The Power of Assumptive Close: The significance of the assumptive close during the sales process, allowing salespeople to transition prospects into customers smoothly.
6. Focus on Lifetime Value: The significance of long-term relationships with customers, considering their lifetime value to the business.
[00:00:39] Introducing Curt Tueffert.
[00:04:25] Curt discusses the evolution of sales techniques and the impact of technology on modern business development, emphasizing the continued significance of human-centric interactions.
[00:11:16] Drawing from the David and Goliath story, Curt introduces the "Five Stones for Slain Giants" concept, comprising passion, excellence, vision, value, and confidence as essential elements for successful sales.
[00:14:50] The balance between traditional and modern sales approaches, recognizing the importance of adapting to the preferences of younger generations while maintaining timeless relationship-building techniques.
[00:22:35] The interview delves into the power of the assumptive close; discussing different approaches to the technique and its effectiveness in smoothly transitioning prospects into long-term customers.
1. "Do the right thing next and the next thing right. When you're in sales, what is that right thing? Is it leaving the voicemail, generating an email, googling the person, or going into LinkedIn? Do the right thing next and then do the next thing right."
2. "I believe people still want to be treated as people, even though they may have an electronic device between them and they're multitasking."
Connect with Curt
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/curttueffert/
Website - https://peaksalesstrategy.com/
Science of CX
CX Connoisseur, Steve Pappas, shares his insights on how to turn your customers into loyal brand ambassadors.
Known for his relentless pursuit of all things 'customer', Steve knows how to help your business and create experiences that customers respond to.
Listen to Steve's insights. Learn to grow and accelerate your business.
Learn more: www.scienceofcx.com