The Importance of Motorcycle Safety with Safety on 2 Wheels feat. David Jones
- November 25th 2021
We know how tough it is to be an entrepreneur in today’s economic climate. That’s why we’re giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to tell their stories of the good, the bad, and everything in between. In conversation with us today is Dr. David Jones, with Safety on Two Wheels. You’ll hear the story of how David first discovered motorcycles, what he loves most about them and how his passion to teach people to ride was born. Listeners will also learn how he met his business partner, pursued a doctorate in divinity, and how he took a class with his wife that sparked his passion to teach people to ride. David urges listeners to do the safety course in the hope of making the roads a safer place, and tells us all about the importance of safety courses, and how even the best rider can benefit from taking one. Join us to hear more today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Dr. David Jones tells us the story of how he first discovered motorcycles.
- The things you can experience on a motorcycle that you can’t in a car.
- David tells the story of an Indian motorcycle rally where he met his business partner.
- The Dr. in his name and how he became a doctorate of divinity for self development.
- How he took a class with his wife that sparked his passion to teach people to ride.
- His desire to create a not-for-profit organization and his experience as a Christian life coach.
- KTM and how they have provided the necessary financial backing to make Safety on Two Wheels a success.
- How the majority of motorcycle riders in Texas are unlicensed.
- Why you should care about the licensing issue if you live in Texas: insurance rates are high!
- The one day course that will improve even the best rider’s skills.
- David urges listeners to do the safety course in the hope of making the roads a safer place.
- Why they can’t win this battle without the public’s help and how you can donate.
- He tells the story of how he lost his Facebook account after faithfully populating it for years.
“There’s things that you experience on a motorcycle that you can’t in a car. But there are a lot of things that are contrary to human nature that you end up crossing paths with or having to convince yourself to do on a motorcycle that you don’t in a car.” — David Jones [0:05:17]
“What I have found out over this three year period of getting this up and running was we don’t have a lot of effort or energy or time or space to train new riders, new rider coaches. And we need coaches.” — David Jones [0:26:07]
“Well if you drive a car in Texas, or a truck in Texas, these motorcycle riders are affecting you. Your insurance in the Harris County area is high because of these 30 000 unlicensed riders.” — David Jones [0:34:10]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Small Business Origins
Small businesses are the backbone of America and they help keep the spirit of Texas alive. As many as 50% will close their doors forever after just five years and we're here to change that. We know how tough it is to be an Entrepreneur these days, so we're giving small business owners a platform to share their story. Listen in as we share the personal and business stories of Entrepreneurs and companies around the nation. From "Mom and Pop" shops to multi-million dollar investors, we dive into where they came from and how they are making it today. New episodes are released every Thursday and links to our guests are always available in the show notes.
**The views expressed here are solely representative of those stating their opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of John Kelley or Beefy Marketing. Small Business Origins invites guests to speak of their experience and offer personal opinions on a range of topics, none of which is censored or scripted. Nothing expressed in any episode should be taken as advice for any subject including financial decisions, medical decisions or life choices. Please consult an appropriate expert if you have questions regarding any topic discussed on Small Business Origins.**
Meet the Host
John is a Texas firefighter, entrepreneur and marketing advisor. As a business major, small business owner and marketing advisor for Beefy Marketing, he has become very familiar with the challenges entrepreneurs face every day. Bringing his humor and love for helping others to The Small Business Origins Podcast, he dives deep into what makes each business tick, helping bring useful information to other small business owners. Learning all about a business and putting them into the spotlight gives listeners a reason to visit each business featured and give them a try.