Combating Stress with Chiropractic Practice with Discover Chiropractic & Wellness feat. Dr. Stephanie
- February 10th 2022
Welcome back to The Beef! In today’s episode, we are joined by Dr. Stephanie of Discover Chiropractic and Wellness to talk all things chiropractic care. Dr. Stephanie shares the history of Discover Chiro, the family-run chiropractic practice that her father founded, coincidentally around the same time her mother experienced kidney failure. She tells us what sets them apart from other practices, and the holistic approach they take to treating patients. She talks us through their treatment process and tells us what she considers to be a big gap in the allopathic healthcare system, plus you’ll hear all about the effect of stress on one’s physical expression and the physical, chemical, and emotional benefits of chiropractic practice. At Discover Chiropractic and Wellness, Dr. Stephanie and her family treat the parasympathetic nervous system to help patients move out of a state of survival and into a state of “thrival”. Tune in to find out how chiropractic care can maximize your potential in your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Dr. Stephanie was born into chiropractic; how watching her father help people inspired her to become a chiropractor and drives her entrepreneurial passion.
- Dr. Stephanie’s educational background.
- Her mother’s kidney failure, and breathing life back into the family practice.
- Each family member’s role in the family practice and the services they offer.
- Dr. Stephanie’s view of chiropractic practice as the missing puzzle piece in people’s health.
- The physical, chemical, and emotional benefits of chiropractic practice.
- What she considers to be a big gap in the allopathic healthcare system.
- How emotional stress dictates physical expression.
- Discover’s treatment process; how they differ from traditional chiro practices.
- What the “vibe” is and how it helps the brain calibrate corrective chiropractic adjustments.
- The core philosophy of chiropractic: the goods are in the adjustment.
- Dr. Stephanie’s history as a competitive powerlifter.
- The importance of x-rays in any chiropractic office.
- Why she has two consultations with patients before laying hands on them.
- Why she describes chiropractors as doctors of cause.
- The nervous system: how it works and why it’s important to take into account.
- How they treat kids with learning disabilities or physical challenges by stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system.
- What to investigate when considering chiropractic care.
- Emphasizing the body’s ability to heal itself, and how Dr. Stephanie simply facilitates healing.
- What they specialize in at Discover and the services they offer.
“I have literally lived and breathed chiropractic since I was a baby.” — Dr. Stephanie [0:02:38]
“Doctor means teacher. A big gap in our healthcare world is educating our patients.” — Dr. Stephanie [0:14:30]
“When I’m adjusting somebody, my goal is to reduce stress on many levels and help get [their] system into a state of healing versus a state of survival.” — Dr. Stephanie [0:16:50]
“The core philosophy of chiropractic is the adjustment can do the work and the body can do the work with the adjustment, we just have to let it do it.” — Dr. Stephanie [0:20:37]
“I’m not doing any healing, that's the fun thing. My patients are doing the healing. I’m just finding the interference with the communication between their brain and body, removing it through chiropractic adjustment and allowing a new environment to take over.” — Dr. Stephanie [0:38:57]
“Chiropractic is an inside-out approach to health. How do we approach health from above down, inside out?” — Dr. Stephanie [0:41:47]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Discover Chiropractic and Wellness
Discover Chiropractic and Wellness on Instagram
Discover Chiropractic and Wellness on Facebook
Discover Chiropractic and Wellness on YouTube
Small Business Origins
Small businesses are the backbone of America and they help keep the spirit of Texas alive. As many as 50% will close their doors forever after just five years and we're here to change that. We know how tough it is to be an Entrepreneur these days, so we're giving small business owners a platform to share their story. Listen in as we share the personal and business stories of Entrepreneurs and companies around the nation. From "Mom and Pop" shops to multi-million dollar investors, we dive into where they came from and how they are making it today. New episodes are released every Thursday and links to our guests are always available in the show notes.
**The views expressed here are solely representative of those stating their opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of John Kelley or Beefy Marketing. Small Business Origins invites guests to speak of their experience and offer personal opinions on a range of topics, none of which is censored or scripted. Nothing expressed in any episode should be taken as advice for any subject including financial decisions, medical decisions or life choices. Please consult an appropriate expert if you have questions regarding any topic discussed on Small Business Origins.**
Meet the Host
John is a Texas firefighter, entrepreneur and marketing advisor. As a business major, small business owner and marketing advisor for Beefy Marketing, he has become very familiar with the challenges entrepreneurs face every day. Bringing his humor and love for helping others to The Small Business Origins Podcast, he dives deep into what makes each business tick, helping bring useful information to other small business owners. Learning all about a business and putting them into the spotlight gives listeners a reason to visit each business featured and give them a try.