This is the “getting to know you” episode of the podcast Social Entrepreneur. In this initial episode, I tell the story of how a woman in Kenya, who simply wanted to get the best price for her chickens led to the founding of this podcast. I’ll describe what a social entrepreneur is and what they do. I’ll also go over the form, frequency and the topics of the podcast.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- The story of "Mrs. Ruto buys a phone"
- The story of "Tony's River of Life takes a turn"
- The challenge of doing good while maximizing return to shareholders
- My Jerry Maguire moment
- What is a social entrepreneur?
- The format, frequency and topics of this podcast
- Two calls to action
Show Notes for this episode: http://tonyloyd.com/000/
The New York Times article that started my journey: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/25/science/earth/25fossil.html
Infographic: What is a Social Entrepreneur? http://tonyloyd.com/socentinfographic
Work on Purpose: http://bit.ly/WorkOnPurpose