For Yoav Lurie, an early experience with life and death created a sense of urgency to make an impact. Today, Yoav is the founder and CEO of Simple Energy. Simple Energy is a software as a service that is taking on climate change by changing how millions of people save energy. Their customers save enough energy on a daily basis to power a small city.
In this episode, Yoav describes his startup path from an early sense of justice, through the Techstars accelerator, and several pivots of their business.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Simple Energy: http://simpleenergy.com/
- Simple Energy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimpleEnergy
- Yoav Lurie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/yoavlurie
- Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After http://amzn.to/1iITwCQ
- United Nations Conference on Climate Change, COP21, Paris, November 30 through December 5, 2015: http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en
- Techstars: http://www.techstars.com/
- Camp Kesem: http://campkesem.org/
- The Redwoods Group: http://www.redwoodsgroup.com/
- Benefit Corporations: http://www.bcorporation.net/
- Teach for America: https://www.teachforamerica.org/
Social Entrepreneur exists at the intersection of profit and purpose. We tell positive stories from underrepresented voices, focused on solutions.