Servane Mouazan grew up in Britany, France. From an early age she was motivated by social and environmental justice. “It was very diffuse back in the day” she told me. “I just wanted to help.” And help she does. She has been described as a force of nature and as a social entrepreneur with a generous spirit.
Today Servane runs Ogunte. Ogunte is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and a Benefit Corporation (B Corp). Ogunte supports women social entrepreneurs by enabling them to learn, lead and connect. Ogunte creates an ecosystem of coaches, mentors, peer support and technical assistance. They have supported over 5200 women social entrepreneurs through business coaching, impact investment, training, leadership development, awards and challenge prizes. They hope to impact over 1 million women by the year 2020.
Ogunte works to give women social entrepreneurs a voice, to make them visible and to help them to be effective. They run an incubator called Make a Wave, both in-person and online.
Servane is also the Programme Manager for the Womanity Awards by The Womanity Foundation.
Social Entrepreneurship Quotes from Servane Mouazan:
“I wanted to have a conversation around social and environmental impact. That’s the only thing I was interested in.”
“Give yourself permission to be vocal.”
“Don’t allow anyone to push you down for raising important issues.”
“Think about a system, not just a product.”
“Sometimes it’s not about starting something from scratch. It’s about joining forces.”
“Know your boundaries.”
“You’re not going to change the world tomorrow by 4 PM.”
Social Entrepreneurship Resources:
- Ogunte: http://www.ogunte.com/innovation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ogunte
- Tumblr: http://oguntewomen.tumblr.com
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ogunte
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ogunte
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dubaxango/featured
- eBook: Five Key Traits of Successful Social Entrepreneurs: http://tonyloyd.com/socent
- Try Audible and Receive Two Free Audiobooks: http://tonyloyd.com/books