In season two, we are telling stories of an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future.
Happy Earth Day! Welcome to Season Two of Social Entrepreneur. You already know that we tell positive stories from underrepresented voices, focused on solutions. In season two, we are focusing on stories of an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future.
Here are the kinds of guests we will feature:
- Underrepresented voices such as women entrepreneurs, people of color, Native Americans, LGBTQ voices, and others who don’t normally get the spotlight. The venture capitalist Arlan Hamilton refers to them as the underestimated. We highlight the true hustlers, those who have overcome the most on their journey.
- Are working to solve big problems, tied to sustainable development goals. In this season, we are focused on an inclusive and just transition to a clean energy future.
- Have a sustainable business model. We give preference to for-profit businesses. We will consider nonprofit businesses who sell a product or service to sustain their impact.
- Are solution-focused. Our Guests are making a lasting difference through direct action.
We’re excited to bring you new stories about our clean energy future. Here are some examples of upcoming episodes:
- Jonathan Foley, Project Drawdown
- Jessica Hellmann, University of Minnesota’s Institute on the Environment and Geofinacial Analytics
- Ry Brennan, Grad Student, UCSB
- Janet McCabe, Environmental Resilience Institute at Indiana University
- Marc Kuo, Routific
- Steve Downey, Harmony Fuels
- Many more.
Social Entrepreneur exists at the intersection of profit and purpose. We tell positive stories from underrepresented voices, focused on solutions.