- Dr. Brown’s professional and research interests center around issues of interpersonal trust, multiculturalism, and trauma.
- He serve as a co-director of the Multicultural Peace and Justice Collaborative, an innovative, collaborative research team that is intentionally multicultural in membership and focus.
- He has a background in trauma counseling both in hospital, college, and community agency settings.
- Dr. Brown mentors students within each cohort within the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
- Prior to becoming a counselor educator, he spent eleven years as a minister at a university church in Florida that was comprised of many international students from around the world.
- Dr. Brown earned his M.Div. at Abilene Christian University as well as an MA in Education and an Ed.S. in Mental Health Counseling from University of Florida. After his time at University of Florida he went on to earn a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from Old Dominion University.