Shawn O’Neill, founder of SpeedSense Web Performance, is a web performance guru who works with ecommerce brands at the enterprise level. If you’re wondering whether to optimize your website, Shawn is the person to ask. Because the faster your website is, the easier it becomes to hold the attention of your customers. On this episode of Subscription Radio, Ben and Shawn chat about how to speed up the loading time for a webpage, whether or not to go headless, and when to build a custom landing page.
- Make pages as static as possible
- Show the customer the page is working
- Load the most relevant content first
- Run analytics as early as you can
- Create a façade for videos
- Make up your mind on headless
- Know when to build a custom landing page
- Don’t make a monolith
- Be mindful of carbon emissions
- Own your site
- Check out SpeedSense
- Connect with Shawn O’Neill on LinkedIn
- Check out Rodeo
- Connect with Ben Fisher on LinkedIn or Twitter
Ben Fisher & Joel Van Horn discuss the nuts & bolts of subscription commerce.