Sabrina is a marketing agency owner, author, chess master, chess commentator and soon-to-be host of the podcast 'No Bullsh*t Talks'.
I admire Sabrina's approach to transparency and authenticity. Truly I'm envious that she works for an agency that brands themselves with the tagline 'The No Bullsh*t Agency'. To some, this might seem like a bold statement, but I see it as liberating.
I love marketing, but it's true that the industry is full of bullsh*t. It's a beautiful thing when you meet someone that's committed to cutting through the noise and focusing on creativity without a hidden agenda.
***Check the links below to connect with Sabrina and look out for her upcoming podcast, 'No Bullsh*t Talks'***
In this episode we discuss:
- Is Zoom a suitable solution for recording podcasts?
- The pros and cons of leading with the 'The No Bullsh*t Agency' branding for Complex Creative
- The role of honesty and candour in creativity and leadership
- Is Clubhouse here to stay?
- What motivated Sabrina to write her popular 'Chess for Children' books?
- Skills learned from chess that can be applied to business and marketing
- Is The Queen's Gambit good for chess?
Referenced on this episode:
- Podcast community MatchMaker.fm: https://www.matchmaker.fm/
- Zencastr: https://zencastr.com/
- Riverside.fm: https://riverside.fm/
- Squadcast: https://squadcast.fm/
- Rode Podmic: https://amzn.to/3kCM3Io
- [Sabrina's book] The Batsford Book of Chess for Children: https://amzn.to/327ftIx
- [Sabrina's book] The Batsford Book of Chess for Children Activity Book: https://amzn.to/3ccYZA9
CONNECT WITH SABRINA:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADVERTISING HOUR:
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-advertising-hour/id1517577846
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZC5jby90aGUtYWR2ZXJ0aXNpbmctaG91cg==
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3G3YLFN2TbxV9W9m93KnYW
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2HuVI4QQkLKaZ2O3H4uOA
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/podcastdotco/the-advertising-hour
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Business--Economics-Podcasts/The-Advertising-Hour-p1331527
- Acast: https://play.acast.com/s/the-advertising-hour
... or your favourite podcast platform!
FOLLOW ME / THE ADVERTISING HOUR:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/theadhour
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theadvertisinghour
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAdvertisingHour
- Me: LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottcolenutt
The track featured in this episode is 'Games in Color' by Emil Axelsson.
Send all feedback and guest recommendations to [email protected]
The Advertising Hour
The Advertising Hour is just an excuse for me to take at least 60-minutes every couple of weeks to explore the goings-on in my curiosity-plagued mind.
Part therapy, part meditation, part study.
Mostly, I'm hoping to learn a little more about myself, my contemporaries and my obsessions through the study and discussion of all things advertising.
I expect to get plenty distracted along the way.
At very least I hope to light-up a few unsuspecting synapses.
It's a bonus for us all if this helps to surface unique marketing insight.