How much of procrastination is disguised as learning? Can anyone help you more than yourself? How do you know when self-help is being delivered selfishly?
Sometimes I feel like there's so much self-help that I can't help myself. I consume all of it or I ignore all of it. I want to learn everyone's secrets just so that I don't miss out on the one thing that's going to untether me from all insecurities and surface whatever it is that I'm meant to be contributing to the world.
I never find it but I always thank myself for trying. This is enough to make me feel better about the the week.
It's a constant practice to find balance between advice and action. Patience in a pendulum.
This is why I was interested in speaking with Natsune Oki, Host of LifeUpEducation.TV.
Natsune has just released a book, 'The Game of Self-Domination', where she shares practical frameworks, guidance and stories that can help you achieve mental clarity, improved well-being and put you in the right frame of mind for helping you to achieve your goals.
I really like Natsune's drive. I think she's more selfless than selfish. It's hard to find people like that.
CONNECT WITH NATSUNE:
Natsune has such a positive mindset and recording this podcast made me feel better about the week.
Maybe she can do the same for you.
Maybe that's enough.
REFERENCED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Natsune's book, The Game of Self Domination via her website: https://www.lifeupeducationtv.com/english-book
- Natsune's book, The Game of Self Domination via Amazon: https://amzn.to/35yUoVa
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday: https://amzn.to/35rTuKk
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ADVERTISING HOUR:
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-advertising-hour/id1517577846
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZC5jby90aGUtYWR2ZXJ0aXNpbmctaG91cg==
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3G3YLFN2TbxV9W9m93KnYW
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2HuVI4QQkLKaZ2O3H4uOA/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/podcastdotco/the-advertising-hour
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Business--Economics-Podcasts/The-Advertising-Hour-p1331527/
- Acast: https://play.acast.com/s/the-advertising-hour
... or your favourite podcast platform!
FOLLOW ME / THE ADVERTISING HOUR:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/theadhour
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theadvertisinghour/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAdvertisingHour/
- Me: LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottcolenutt/
The track in this episode is 'When The Noise Settles' by Dusty Decks.
Send all feedback, thoughts and guest recommendations to [email protected]
The Advertising Hour
The Advertising Hour is just an excuse for me to take at least 60-minutes every couple of weeks to explore the goings-on in my curiosity-plagued mind.
Part therapy, part meditation, part study.
Mostly, I'm hoping to learn a little more about myself, my contemporaries and my obsessions through the study and discussion of all things advertising.
I expect to get plenty distracted along the way.
At very least I hope to light-up a few unsuspecting synapses.
It's a bonus for us all if this helps to surface unique marketing insight.