This is absolutely a spirit episode, as we are talking to a man who has had two near death experiences, studied divinity and specifically mysticism, AND is an ordained pastor. So a lot of unique perspectives!
Rev. Peter Baldwin Panagore, MDiv is an entrepreneur, ordained pastor, and author. A two-time Near-Death Experiencer, Peter first died in 1980 of hypothermia while ice climbing in Canada, and then again of a heart attack in 2015, just as his book Heaven Is Beautiful: How Dying Taught Me That Death is Just The Beginning was released globally. For fifteen years, he broadcast a daily spot on two NBC TV stations with Daily Devotions TV, reaching a grand total of 450 million views and listens on TV, FM, and AM across Maine and New Hampshire, and around the nation. His book, Two Minutes for God: Quick Fixes for the Spirit is a daily inspirational with stories drawn from among the seventeen hundred he wrote and broadcast each day. Peter graduated from Yale University where he completed his Masters in Divinity with a focus on the practices and writing of western mysticism. He is currently at work on his third book with the working title, Modern Mysticism and You.
In this episode, we discuss:
· Peter’s experience of death and what he encountered on the other side.
· The struggle (and sometimes reluctancy) to try to explain and articulate mystical experiences using the constraints of human language.
· How Peter explains and defines God.
· The judgment process he went through after death and how it differs from how it is often taught in church.
· His experience and understanding of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory.
· The four characteristics of a mystical experience and the different levels of mystical experiences that people have.
· The history and relationship between mystics and mystical experiences and the power structure of religion.
· How judgement can be couched within morality and structure.
· The history of the Bible and the implications of reading and interpreting it only literally.
· The definition of true humility and how to find radical equality among all of us.
You can find and follow Rev. Peter Panagore here:
Buy his books –
SHOP CLEAN products with DISCOUNTS in my SHOP!
Please SUBSCRIBE, SHARE, RATE, and REVIEW the podcast!
Find my book – I Gave Up Men for Lent, the story of a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious party girl’s search for meaning – on Amazon, Kindle, and Audible.
And for everything else you want to know about me, visit my website at www.kaciemain.com
Some links are Affiliate links.
The Better You with Kacie Main
I’m Kacie Main – a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious, party girl searching for meaning, and my mission is simple – to make life better.
For myself… and for YOU!
I believe real change always comes from within, and The Better You Podcast was born to discover hidden parts of ourselves and our stories… a safe place where we have real, honest conversations with people from all walks of life to help better understand ourselves so we can become better versions of ourselves.
So come along on this journey of discovery with me and make each day – which is full of possibility and promise – start with a better you.