In this episode, we discuss the process of forgiving others, as well as ourselves, and the powerful role nature can play in it.
Sara Schulting Kranz is a professional life and leadership coach, motivational speaker and certified wilderness guide. She specializes in helping those who have suffered hardship or trauma to find forgiveness and strength in their lives through guided wilderness retreats in locations such as the Grand Canyon and the Pacific Rim. Her upcoming book, Walk Through This: Harness the Healing Power of Nature and Travel the Road to Forgiveness, releases November 10, 2020.
In this episode, we discuss:
· Her incredible story, including the major traumas she’s been through, and how she came around to writing a book about forgiveness and healing.
· Our tendency to compare our journeys and our pain to others and why, instead, we should honor our unique journey.
· How to shift from seeing life as happening to you to happening for you.
· Why it’s so difficult to forgive people who have hurt us and the power in releasing our pain.
· Setting intentions vs. goals and opening ourselves up to what life has to offer us.
· The importance of knowing our values and being in touch with our inner compass.
· How connected we all are and how being in nature can help remind us of that.
· How to define our self-worth.
· Our tendency to get so comfortable with our pain that it gets difficult to receive and sit with happiness.
· The process of forgiving ourselves.
· The importance of taking time to be with ourselves.
You can find and follow Sara here:
PREVIOUS EPISODE RECOMMENDATIONS:
Ep. 56: Exploring the Ten Worlds of Happiness with Dr. Ash Eldifrawi
Ep 52: You’re Imperfect, Life is Messy, Show Up Anyway with Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui
Ep. 7: How the Body Remembers What the Mind Tries to Forget with Amy Pope-Latham
Check out former guest Melissa Grace’s new book, Home is Where You Are
Ep.4 Saving Ourselves with Mel Stephens
Please SUBSCRIBE, SHARE, RATE, and REVIEW the podcast!
Follow the podcast on Instagram @TheBetterYouPodcast
Find my book – I Gave Up Men for Lent, the story of a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious party girl’s search for meaning – on Amazon, Kindle, and Audible.
And for everything else you want to know about me, visit my website at www.kaciemain.com
The Better You with Kacie Main
I’m Kacie Main – a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious, party girl searching for meaning, and my mission is simple – to make life better.
For myself… and for YOU!
I believe real change always comes from within, and The Better You Podcast was born to discover hidden parts of ourselves and our stories… a safe place where we have real, honest conversations with people from all walks of life to help better understand ourselves so we can become better versions of ourselves.
So come along on this journey of discovery with me and make each day – which is full of possibility and promise – start with a better you.