In this end-of-the-year solo episode, I share 21 life lessons for the New Year.
Below are the lessons I share and discuss, and (as promised) links to all the blogs/articles referenced throughout.
1. It’s okay to be a thinker.
Thought Catalog - 5 Little Reasons Why It’s Actually Good To Be An ‘Overthinker’
2. Everything matters.
3. There is insight in every emotion – good and bad.
Blog – All the Feels
4. We can only ever love to the extent that we understand love.
5. Our relationship with our self takes time.
6. Life has different seasons.
Check out Ep. 9: How to East the Stress of Self-Care with Megan Weigel, DNP
Blog – The Gift
7. Nothing ever goes away, until it has taught us what we need to know.
Quote by Pema Chodron
8. The point of relationships are to trigger our shit.
9. Our brain can’t always be trusted.
10. Set boundaries.
Check out Ep. 15: Meeting Needs in Relationships with Dr. Kirstie Overstreet
11. It’s not easy to listen to your gut.
12. Maybe there is no right and wrong.
13. Life knows better.
Blog - Maybe Life Knows Better
14. Everything that matters is happening inside us.
Blog – The Ruse
15. It is what it is.
16. We actually can change others… but only by changing ourselves.
Check out Ep. 18: Using Awareness & Perspective to Move Forward with Bryan Falchuk
Thought Catalog - When We Give Up On Others, We Give Up On Ourselves
17. All change starts with awareness.
18. Life is only lived one step at a time.
Blog – The Moment
19. Trust the process.
Thought Catalog - Oops, I Bought 3,000 Instagram Followers
20. The reaction doesn’t belong to you.
From Elizabeth Gilbert’s book Big Magic
21. Agree to disagree.
Check out Ep. 73: just me: on empathy amid controversy
Find my book – I Gave Up Men for Lent, the story of a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious party girl’s search for meaning – on Amazon, Kindle, and Audible.
And for everything else you want to know about me, visit my website at www.kaciemain.com
Please SUBSCRIBE, SHARE, RATE, and REVIEW the podcast!
The Better You with Kacie Main
I’m Kacie Main – a jaded, hopelessly romantic, health-conscious, party girl searching for meaning, and my mission is simple – to make life better.
For myself… and for YOU!
I believe real change always comes from within, and The Better You Podcast was born to discover hidden parts of ourselves and our stories… a safe place where we have real, honest conversations with people from all walks of life to help better understand ourselves so we can become better versions of ourselves.
So come along on this journey of discovery with me and make each day – which is full of possibility and promise – start with a better you.