Welcome to The Insider, a podcast about the key issues on Research & Innovation made by the INESC Brussels HUB team. Today we’re discussing the Top 100 Global Innovators 2022 list published by CLARIVATE and the organization itself. Since 2012, CLARIVATE publishes the list of the top 100 global innovators. This year there are only 3 research entities in the list. The remaining 97 are all private companies. It is interesting to note that the list spans across the world but all the 100 institutions are concentrated in 12 countries. What does this mean for R&I?
We’re also giving you a brief rundown of this week’s top headlines from our Morning Brief newsletter.
Here are some of the events coming up that you should keep an eye out for:
· The UT Austin Portugal Program announced their second webinar series under the Strategic Research Project BigHPC: Towards a New Generation of Big Data & HPC Applications. The first webinar, titled "Linking GitOPS towards fast innovation over BigHPC" with happen March 10th. Sign up here.
· The EU Knowledge Valorization Week is taking place from 29 March to 1 April. Click here for more information and to register.
· The OLISSIPO Twin Seminar III dedicated to protein driven machine learning and network approaches for precision medicine that took place last month was uploaded on YouTube. Click here to watch it.
· Eight calls for proposals under the EU4Health 2022 Annual Working Programme have been published. This 10 March, a dedicated session will take place in the morning, for which you can register here.
· The EU Green Week is coming back in a hybrid format from 30 May to 5 June. Click here for more information.
Hello and welcome to The Insider, a podcast Made in Brussels about research and innovation in Europe, the people and the institutions that make it happen.
Join us in a journey to discover more about the human beings that dedicate their lives to research, science and technology management and science communication.
Find out what drives them, their infinite and diverse career paths.
Discover the institutions that they call home, their research and management struggles.
Explore their perspectives and views: you will hear directly from guests from the European institutions, national governments or your regional funding body, among others.
You will have the opportunity to know more about the leading European universities and research institutes, as well as research-based start-ups and industry leaders.
Join us in these personal, one to one conversations, with the brightest minds of science and technology in Europe.
The podcast "The Insider" logo and banner have been created by Pedro Regadas, designer at INESC TEC.