Today on The Beef, John's got quite the job on his hands as his two bosses join him in the studio for a chat! Tomball Fire Department's own Fire Chief Joe Sykora and Assistant Chief Jeff Cook hang out with John and tell all about what it's like being some of Tomball's respected first-responders. All three of these amazing fellas have lots of experience in this field and talk about the benefits of working for the fire department (aside from putting out fires!), the love that they all have for Tomball as a city, and the importance of enforcing the rules. They share a heart-to-heart about how working together so closely helps build that sense of camaraderie that's less like working as friends, and more like working as family. For an amazing episode all about Tomball, first-responders, and everyone's comfort TV shows, be sure to listen in!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Our icebreaker question: What is everyone's favorite TV show?
- How John, Joe, and Jeff got into the firefighting profession.
- Why John likes the personal feel that comes with working with the Tomball Fire Department, and how everyone knowing each other is a huge perk in small towns like Tomball.
- How the Tomball Fire Department evolved from a volunteer fire department founded in 1934 to the incredible station that it is today.
- The importance of rule enforcement in keeping people safe; explaining why the rules are necessary helps people understand their need.
- How the fire department stayed afloat during COVID-19.
- The meaning of "Hometown With A Heart", and how the Tomball Fire Department exhibits that trademark southern hospitality.
- Tomball Fire Department is hiring! Go to their website to find out benefits and licensing dates.
- The feeling that sets Tomball apart from other cities: family.
Links mentioned in Today's Episode:
Small businesses are the backbone of America and they help keep the Texas spirit alive. But, did you know, as many as 50% will close their doors forever after just five years? Well, we're here to change that, this is THE BEEF Podcast. We know how tough it is to be an Entrepreneur these days. We're giving small business owners a platform to share their story. You'll hear it all, the highs and the lows, the good and the bad, and everything in between. We are proudly brought to you by Beefy Marketing.
**The views expressed here are solely representative of those stating their opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of John Kelley or Beefy Marketing. The Beef Podcast invites guests to speak of their experience and offer personal opinions on a range of topics, none of which is censored or scripted. Nothing expressed in any episode should be taken as advice for any subject including financial decisions, medical decisions or life choices. Please consult an appropriate expert if you have questions regarding any topic discussed on The Beef.**
Meet the Host
John is a Texas firefighter, entrepreneur and marketing advisor. As a business major, small business owner and marketing advisor for Beefy Marketing, he has become very familiar with the challenges entrepreneurs face every day. Bringing his humor and love for helping others to The Beef, he dives deep into what makes each business tick, helping bring useful information to other small business owners. Learning all about a business and putting them into the spotlight gives listeners a reason to visit each business featured and give them a try.