Read the article here: https://www.strengthscope.com/building-resilience-in-5-steps/
Online resilience course: https://www.strengthscope.com/resilience-course/
‘How can I develop resilience?’ is one of the questions we are most often asked at Strengthscope. Well, we’ve spent years in research and practice to discover the simplest and most effective ways to answer that question.
In this podcast, I’m going to share with you the model that we’ve arrived at and the methodology that we’ve taught through our training courses for quite a few years now.
It’s a 5 step model, but building habits in any one of these areas will make a difference to your overall resilience, so the more habits you add, the more resilient you will become.
The 5 steps to building resilience are:
- Taking charge and controlling the situation that is causing stress
- Mastering your mindset and making a choice how you perceive uncertain, unwanted or stressful
- Optimise your strengths and energy to increase the liklihood of a positive outcome
- Building a strong social support to act as a protective factor during stressful times
- Embrace the challenge and keep growing and developing
At the end of the podcast, I’ll let you into a little-known secret that we’ve been hiding away on our website for a while that will give you access to much more of our thinking and tools on resilience.
The Strengths Guy
https://www.strengthscope.com/blog/ A series of real talk weekly podcasts covering topics to inspire, educate and well, maybe even transform. Occupational psychologist Dr Paul Brewerton takes you inside some of the stuff that can help you get the most from work and from life, every day. Get ready.