When she's not searching for the latest pop-up restaurant or drinking coffee at her favourite Melbourne haunt, Kate Ware helps business owners create digital marketing strategies that sell their products and services and boosts their reputation online.
In this wide-ranging chat on all things social media, Kate and host Trevor Young cover such points as:
- The best social channels for thought leaders
- Why Twitter is complementary to LinkedIn
- The rise of private online communities
- Robust discussions a sign you're on the right social media path
- How Twitter has cleaned up its act & is now more user-friendly
- How to effectively use Twitter lists
- Why LinkedIn is the most exciting platform for thought leaders
- Maximising LinkedIn for all of its features
- Why direct messaging is the most powerful function of LinkedIn
- The power of micro-stories & raw 'in the now' video on LinkedIn
- The opportunity that comes with responding to comments on social media
- Don't be afraid to have a point of view, especially around topical issues relevant to your business
- How batch production of micro-content allows thought leaders to build their narrative efficiently on social channels
- Should you be on Instagram?
If you want to raise your profile but are a bit confused when it comes to the current state of social media, this episode is worth a listen!
CONNECT WITH KATE: