If you've ever thought about, or been inspired by, the idea of building a movement to create change around a cause or issue you're passionate about, we have quite the story for you on this episode.
Today's guest Jane Evans has had a stunning career in advertising. She gave Cate Blanchett her first job, created Australia's first craft beer and ran her own multi-million dollar agency with clients like Revlon and Maserati. Today, Jane is the founder of Uninvisibility, a global media initiative dedicated to "unleashing the power of midlife women".
The Uninvisibility mantra?
"Midlife women still have half a life to live with zero f**ks left to give. We are no longer prepared to operate in a world where only female youth and beauty is celebrated. We’re here to show you what we’re made of."
In this energetic and motivating conversation, Jane and host Trevor Young cover a lot of ground, including:
- Jane's personal story of discovering a need for a platform that helps midlife women step into the spotlight.
- The journey to a project launch that resulted in two million hashtag views in the first two weeks
- How the movement provided the foundation for a new communications agency for female creators as well as a training course for midlife women in media and advertising
- How providing a solution can be far more powerful than engaging in 'cancel culture'
- Finding your early adopters and giving them a great story to tell
- A movement-building social media strategy
- The deep-diving and storytelling required to change the narrative about a cause or issue
- Jane's new book - Invisible to Invaluable: Unleashing the Power of Midlife Women
If there is an issue or cause you care about and you want to create a movement for change, this episode will inspire you into action!
CONNECT WITH JANE:
Reputation Revolution | the professional personal branding show
Reputation Revolution is the professional personal branding show for experts, entrepreneurs and emerging thought leaders.
Hosted by the PR Warrior, Trevor Young, the show focuses on helping credible individuals to build visibility, influence and trust in the marketplace, and in doing so, position themselves to take advantage of today's 'reputation economy'.
Reputation Revolution covers the four core pillars of building a successful and respected professional personal brand:
- ESTABLISH your voice
- ENHANCE the credibility of that voice
- EXTEND the reach of your voice
- EXTRACT value from the profile and reputation you build in the marketplace