G'day folks, my name is Trevor, and welcome to Season 6 of the Reputation Revolution show.
In this episode we tackle the much-debated topic - Business brand vs personal brand: Which one should you focus on?
It's a question I get asked a lot, and one to which there is no definitive answer, as a number of variables will often come into play.
But ... it's definitely worth digging into if you're in business, because as we know: when it comes to all things PR, marketing and communications (including content and social media) - clarity is king!
To help me tackle the 'business brand vs personal brand' debate, I've co-opted two experienced pros to provide their ideas, insights and opinions on the topic.
- SAM OSBORN - a leading brand strategist who helps businesses drive stronger revenue, branded communication and customer love
- BRENDAN KEOGH - a marketer and coach who helps thought leaders clarify their message and create cut-through content that gets results
Sam, Brendan and I provide our respective takes on the 'business brand vs personal brand' theme.
Along the way, we also discuss:
- the concept of branding, and the critical role it plays
- the importance of values, personality and consistency in building trust
- examples of personal brands who have also built significantly-sized businesses
- The role reputation plays in personal branding
- Leaders of practice areas within a larger firm: how should they approach personal branding?
- Brand architecture, and when to build a 'house of brands'
If you're building a business enterprise around your personal brand but are wondering whether or not you need to put a bit of effort into marketing an associated business entity, then have a listen to this episode for further insights and ideas on the topic.
*** REPUTATION REVOLUTION: Brought to you by the Credible Authority Academy ***
Reputation Revolution | the professional personal branding show
Reputation Revolution is the professional personal branding show for experts, entrepreneurs and emerging thought leaders.
Hosted by the PR Warrior, Trevor Young, the show focuses on helping credible individuals to build visibility, influence and trust in the marketplace, and in doing so, position themselves to take advantage of today's 'reputation economy'.
Reputation Revolution covers the four core pillars of building a successful and respected professional personal brand:
- ESTABLISH your voice
- ENHANCE the credibility of that voice
- EXTEND the reach of your voice
- EXTRACT value from the profile and reputation you build in the marketplace